Social Media Content Advisor
Søknadsfrist: 29. november
The U.S. Embassy in Oslo is seeking creative and self-motivated applicants for the position of Social Media Content Advisor.
Under the Ambassador, the U.S. Embassy in Oslo works to protect and promote U.S. interests in Norway through diplomatic relations with the Norwegian Government, the business community, the non-profit sector, and through public diplomacy initiatives.
A vital part of the Embassy’s public outreach takes place through its digital channels by seeking to direct attention to and foster the engagement of Norwegians on issues and policies that are critical to both the United States and Norway.
The Public Affairs Section seeks to strengthen the U.S.-Norwegian relationship through outreach initiatives related to areas of vital mutual interest, including education, trade, culture, the environment, security, and human rights.
The Social Media Content Advisor is a critical member of the Embassy’s 9-person strong Public Affairs Section.
The Advisor is responsible for all of the Embassy’s digital channels and online presence and serves as the Embassy’s primary social media manager, web manager, photographer, and videographer.
In close coordination with policy and subject matter experts, the Advisor develops the Embassy's digital communication strategy and is responsible for implementing it.
We’re looking for a talented person who has an eye for discovering interesting stories and angles that can be conveyed in a way that is compelling, engaging, and increases audience understanding of the American perspective.
Areas of responsibility:
- Manage the Embassy’s social media channels and website, including selecting, editing, and customizing content for website and social media to promote Embassy objectives.
- Produce compelling visual, video, and written content for the Embassy’s digital platforms, including videos, photography, articles, infographics, and texts. Initiate original digital and video projects by developing strategic, entertaining, and informative ideas. Film, direct, and edit short videos for Embassy social media channels.
- Develop and disseminate policies, procedures, and guidelines necessary for the Embassy’s use of evolving digital technologies.
- Partner closely with the Ambassador’s office, colleagues in the political, economic, and commercial sections, and the State Department in Washington, D.C., to plan and develop strategic content to deliver U.S. policy messages in engaging, compelling, and informative ways.
- Establish and coordinate with professional contacts in the private and public sectors on strategic communication initiatives;
- Conduct audience research and program evaluation; analyze social media and web statistics in order to evaluate, measure, and improve performance.
- Advise on audiovisual equipment needs and purchases; manage an extensive collection of sophisticated audio and video equipment; train colleagues on equipment use.
- Contribute to broader public diplomacy initiatives as necessary; provide assistance and back- up for Public Affairs colleagues on media monitoring, event management, translating, and other tasks as required.
To be considered for this position you must meet ALL of the following qualification criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, mass communications, business, marketing, political science or international relations is required.
- Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible experience in a multilingual, multicultural or multinational commercial or communications enterprise with market research and analysis and project management as significant components of the job is required. Experience must include designing and executing information/marketing/advocacy campaigns using multi-faceted (multilingual, multimedia) digital and traditional formats.
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
- Fluency (level B2) in Speaking/Reading/Writing Norwegian is required.
- Strong analytical skills to identify target audiences, understand their sensitivities and identify
- the best strategic content and delivery means to influence them in support of U.S. policy objectives are required.
- Must have excellent customer relations, interpersonal cross-cultural communications skills.
- Candidate must be able to engage with key host-country broadcast/media, public affairs, and ministry officials.
- Must be highly skilled in use of digital software and editing tools, content databases, and reporting tools.
- All applications must include:
- CV and covering letter in English setting out your motivation for applying for the position, and addressing how you meet each of the qualification requirements.
- Bachelor’s Diploma, or highest level of education (if higher).
- Evidence of required work experience (proof of employment).
- Norwegian Language Scores level B2 (oral and written), for non-native Norwegian speakers.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- Work/Residency Permit.
- Please do not include any other documentation than that which is listed above in your application.
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
- Your application has been sent within the time frame requested.
- Your application documents (CV and covering letter) are fully in English.
- Your application addresses each qualification criterion outlined above.
To be eligible for employment at the U.S. Embassy in Oslo, applicants must have the right to live and work in Norway. The Embassy does not sponsor work permits. Please note that the Embassy will not be able to meet travel or subsistence costs incurred when participating in interviews, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Please note that, because of the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact candidates selected for interview. If you do not hear from us you should assume that your application has not been successful.
The annual salary range for the position is NOK 513,485 – NOK 718,879, plus benefits as contained in our local compensation plan.
The closing date for the position is November 29, 2018. Applications should be sent to [email protected].
The Department of State provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.